10/6/08

VeganMofo 4: Sweet Potato Pancakes

I realize I just posted about sweet potatoes yesterday (and they even got a shout out in my entry this morning), but when you're eating local produce, this season entails a lot of sweet potatoes, apples, and squash. Just get used to it.

Fortunately, sweet potatoes are awesome and versatile. Plus, this from wikipedia: "In 1992, the Center for Science in the Public Interest compared the nutritional value of sweet potatoes to other vegetables. Considering fiber content, complex carbohydrates, protein, vitamins A and C, iron, and calcium, the sweet potato ranked highest in nutritional value." How about that?

I made these chunky sweet potato pancakes by using my favorite vegan pancake recipe and using a partly mushed up sweet potato as the egg substitute, as well as throwing in a little cinnamon.

Edit: I am internet famous, again.

2 comments:

Hussy, Get Back in Yo Corner said...

Laura makes a vegan hashbrown casserole that's actually extremely cheesy and satisfies this non-vegetarian, cheese-loving soul. In fact, she had some frozen and ready for me when I made it to DC.

And vegenaise really needs a better name. It just sounds like the funk.

Now I must go back to work, sigh,

S

maggie said...

Damn, I need that recipe.